Want to go solar? Are you wondering what steps to take before a solar panel installation?
When going solar, there are several things you can do to prepare for the installation of the panels. By knowing the expected steps in the process, you’ll be less stressed when it comes to the installation itself.
Are you thinking about switching to solar power for your home? You might be wondering if solar panel installation is suitable for you. Once the professionals give you the go-ahead, you’ll see the benefits of solar energy for years to come.
Keep reading if you want to learn how to prepare for your home solar panels installation.
Choose the Right Solar Panel
If you are planning on having solar panels installed, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Size of the panel – The size of the panel will directly affect the amount of electricity that the panel can produce. The average home requires 24 to 30 solar panels to generate enough electricity to power the home. Larger homes may require more panels.
- The panel’s price – Depending on the type of panel and the brand, the price can vary greatly. Once you have an idea of how much the panel will cost, you can start to look into the installation process.
- The type of panel – There are three main types of solar panels:
- Monocrystalline – these panels are the most efficient and also the priciest
- Polycrystalline – polycrystalline panels are less efficient and less expensive
- Thin-film – Thin-film panels are the least efficient, but they’re the most affordable
Once you have chosen the right solar panel, you need to install it correctly. This includes making sure the panel is positioned perfectly secured and connecting the panel to the electrical system.
Determine the Best Location
To determine the best location for your solar panel installation, start evaluating your roof. The ideal place for your panels is a south-facing roof. You have to make sure that the panels receive the most sunlight possible and can generate the most power.
The location should be free of any trees or other obstacles that could block the sun. Once the area is determined, gather the necessary supplies.
Schedule a Consultation
This will give you the chance to learn more about the process and what to expect, and ask any questions you may have. Once you’ve scheduled a consultation, the company will be able to give you a better idea of what to expect in terms of cost, time frame, and the installation process.
A solar panel installer company will need to assess your home to see if it’s a good candidate for solar panels. This usually involves a site visit from blueravensolar.com/blog/10-key-benefits-of-going-solar/ company and also they will review your energy usage.
Have Your Roof Inspected
This is because your roof needs to be in good condition in order to support the weight of the solar panels. The inspection will also ensure that your roof is able to withstand the elements, as solar panels are exposed to the sun and the elements. Once you’ve had your roof inspected, you can then start the process of solar panel installation.
Get quotes from different solar panel companies. This will give you an idea of how much the installation will cost and what types of solar panels are available. Find out if there are any government incentives or programs available to help offset the cost of installing solar panels.
Check with your local utility company to see if there are any restrictions or requirements for installing solar panels.
Prepare for the Installation
Once you have selected an installer, you will need to prepare your home for installation. This may involve cleaning the area where the panels will be installed. Removing any obstacles that could block the panels such as satellite dishes or vents from getting direct sunlight, and making sure the electrical system in your home is up to code.
Follow Up After Solar Panel Installation
After your solar panel installation is complete, it is important to follow up with your solar panel company to make sure that your system is functioning properly. You should also have your utility company check your meters to make sure that you are receiving the correct amount of credit for the power that your system is generating. Solar panel systems require very little maintenance, but it is still important to check them periodically to make sure that they are clean and free of debris.
Solar Panel Installation FAQs
Here are some FAQs that can help you ensure you’re ready for the installation process.
- Do I need to do anything to prepare my home for solar panel installation? – You don’t need to do anything to prepare your home for solar panel installation, but it’s important to make sure that your house can support the panels. The panels need to be installed on a flat surface that can support their weight, so if your roof is sloped or has any damage, it might not be suitable.
- How much does solar panel installation cost? – Solar panel installation cost varies depending on the size and type of solar panel system you choose. It also varies depending on the company you choose to install your system. Be sure to get quotes from several companies before making a decision.
- How long does solar panel installation take? – Solar panel installation usually takes one to two days. The actual time varies depending on the size and type of system you choose.
- What are the benefits of solar panel installation? – Solar panel installation can save you money on your energy bills and increase your home’s value.
Ready for a Solar Panel Installation?
After reading this guide, you should now understand how to prepare for solar panel installation. By following the tips in this article, you can help ensure that your installation goes smoothly and that you get the most out of your new solar panels.
Read more and request a solar quote today and discover how much you can save. Feel free to keep browsing this section for our latest home tips.