One of the most prevalent cosmetic dentistry options today is laser whitening. It is easy to understand how easily teeth are stained. Even the most active daily dental habits will not be enough to keep your teeth white and bright.
For the brightest possible teeth and the most attractive smile, hundreds of people visit Smile Design, Mumbai, for laser whitening.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is an easy, conventional way to improve the appearance of a smile and reduce tooth discoloration. Whiter teeth can make one look more youthful and more attractive.
Laser teeth whitening treatment is a cosmetic laser dentistry practice that adds the use of a laser to in-office teeth whitening.
It involves placing a concentrated whitening gel on your teeth and then using a laser to heat it, which whitens your teeth quickly.
Reasons For Change In Teeth Color
There may be several reasons why your teeth’ color change. Here we will concern the crucial ones.
Food And Drink
If you have coffee or tea frequently, they may change the color of your teeth. Color stains stick to the white and outer parts of your tooth.
When you are in your twenties, you may need teeth whitening if your teeth start becoming yellow. You may undergo heavy color change by the fifties, and teeth whitening may not be possible.
Tooth darkening can be a side effect of various medicines. Chemotherapy and head and neck radiation can also decrease the whiteness of teeth.
Difference Between Laser Teeth Whitening And Other Whitening Treatments
In laser teeth whitening, the laser activates the chemicals in the whitening gel, delivering faster and more effective results.
Other whitening techniques use lights and functions to produce heat. When whitening gel with peroxide chemicals warms up, it works faster.
Steps Of Laser Whitening
- Your dentist will put a plastic or rubber guard in your mouth to keep it open. Then they will apply a protecting layer over your gums to protect them from the bleaching gel. The layers typically harden, creating a rubber-like layer on your gums. It helps control gum irritation and burning.
- Once the protective layer forms, your dentist will apply the whitening gel to your teeth. Later they will use a pen-like laser to activate the gel. The gel will foam, which means it is working to remove stains from your teeth.
- The gel remains on your teeth for a few minutes. Your dentist will release it with a small vacuum.
- The dentist will replicate these steps three or four times until your teeth reach the desired shade.
- The dentist will rinse your mouth and remove the protective layer over your gums.
Pros And Cons Of Laser Whitening
- Laser whitening is fast. You will see results within hours of your appointment.
- Laser whitening is even. The dentist will focus on those teeth which need whitening.
- Laser whitening can eliminate stains that other methods cannot touch, but remember that not every stain does not need removal.
- With dedicated attention to good daily dental hygiene habits, your whiter teeth can stay whiter for as long as two years after the laser whitening.
- Laser whitening is more costly than other options.
- The best way to maintain your results is to go to your dentist for follow-up sessions.
- Teeth whitening results may not last for long. People who drink coffee, tea, or red wine can experience a relapse in their whitening effects and need to repeat the process.
There is no assurance of results with laser teeth whitening. It generally does perform better than other whitening methods, but some people have deep stains that do not whiten easily.
Side Effects Of Laser Whitening
Laser teeth whitening treatment is a secure and easy way to get desirable results. The method is quick and efficient and gives you long-lasting bright white teeth. After your laser treatment, you may have slight sensitivity or irritation, but this should diminish after a few days.
Aftercare Of Laser Teeth Whitening
- Maintain regular teeth hygiene at home after your cure.
- Avoid drinking dark-colored liquids and preferably use a straw.
- Maintain oral hygiene twice a day.
- Go for routine dental cleanings and checkups.
- Incorporate whitening toothpaste in your oral hygiene routine.
- Consume natural teeth whitening foods like carrots and apples.
- Use mouthwash daily and clean your tongue along with your teeth.
If you are looking for a laser teeth whitening treatment, visit Smile Design Dental Clinic, Mumbai. They have experienced dentists at your service, and they are the best known for laser teeth whitening treatment.
Laser whitening is an incredibly effective tool for producing whiter teeth and teeth that stay whiter for a long time with the correct follow-up and self-care.